We had a great time this morning for our members at Residence Inn Sunny Isles. Thank you to Chade Brunton, General Manager and Residence Inn Sunny Isles team for hosting our breakfast.
Dear GMBHA Members,
We are proud to be included with over 115 industry leaders representing every sector of the economy in support of #Dreamers.
Below please find the ad that was featured on Thursday, January 11, 2018 in the D.C. editions of The Wall St. Journal and The NY Times by the Coalition for the American Dream.
We will continue to work hard with our partners in a bipartisan way to pass permanent legislative protection for Dreamers without further delay.
Thank you for your continued support.
All my best,
President & CEO
Learn about our Fashion Design, EnTec (Engineering & Technology), Culinary Arts, Hospitality and Tourism, Animation & Gaming, Paralegal Studies, and many other academic pathways offered at MDC Wolfson Campus.
Come meet the faculty, students and staff from our academic programs. Explore the many Bachelors, Associates in Science, Associates in Arts degrees, and Certificate Programs Available
Financial Aid Advisors Workshops
Reserve your spot now!!
or call New Student Center 305-237-3076
Where opportunity changes everything!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (November 3, 2017) The Betsy Hotel, Travel and Leisure’s Top Resort Hotel on Miami Beach (2017) in partnership with celebrity chef Laurent Tourondel announces the opening of The Alley, a new destination on South Beach for travelers and local residents to enjoy casual dining options that include a pizzeria (serving artisan pizzas, pasta specials, other Italian themed culinary options, and a full bar) and a ventanita (serving fresh crepes, gelato, waffles and Panther cold brew). These new venues are adjacent to two major Betsy installed works of public art, The Betsy Orb and The Betsy Poetry Rail. Danny Ganem is Executive Chef.
About The Alley
The Alley includes a classic Italian Pizzeria + Gelateria situated in the 14th Place breezeway connecting Ocean Drive and Collins Avenue. The Alley is a destination where family and friends can share a perfect pizza, enjoy other Italian specialty dishes, experience wine, spirits and a selection of international and local beers, revel in the preparation of freshly made crepes, and gelato, right in the heart of South Beach, just steps from the beach and Lummus Park.
The Alley Pizzeria – The Betsy’s new trattoria-style Italian pizzeria is located at 14th Place between Collins Avenue and Ocean Drive offering elevated renditions of brick-oven pizzas with unique toppings inspired by the local landscape, and daily pasta specials. (Casual Dining – $$)
The Alley Ventanita – Nestled into a little corner where 14th Place meets Collins Avenue, The Betsy’s Ventanita offers the area’s best freshly prepared crepes, gelato and waffles, as well as Nitro (cold brew Coffee on Tap) by Panther Coffee. (Grab and Go-$)
The Betsy Orb – Architect Shulman and Associates connected The Betsy’s two historic properties with the exquisite use of a large orb, creating a bridge that is not visible from either Ocean Drive or Collins Avenue. Pedestrians must venture mid-way to Espanola Way at 14th Place and peek into the restored alleyway to experience the piece which doubles as a canvas for the projection of art.
The Betsy Poetry Rail – The Betsy Poetry Rail, conceived by Betsy owner Jonathan Plutzik and designed in partnership with Shulman and Associates and graphic designer Kevin Coster, is an AIA-award winning feature that immortalizes the region’s history through the words of 12 writers that have worked and lived in the region, including Langston Hughes, Richard Blanco, Donald Justice, Gerald Stern, Julie Marie Wade, Adrian Castro, Gerald Stern, and Hyam Plutzik, three-time finalist for the Pulitzer Prize and father of Betsy owner, Jonathan Plutzik.
About LT Steak & Seafood – Open since 2016, and located in the Lobby of The Betsy Hotel, LT Steak & Seafood by Chef Laurent Tourondel, serves a seasonally inspired menu combining the beloved aspects of steak and seafood housed together under one roof. With diverse dishes that draw inspiration from the distinctive energy of Miami, the fine dining restaurant accommodates 120 guests with extensive beach facing outdoor and private dining options. Danny Ganem, a longtime partner of Laurent Tourondel, is Executive Chef. (Fine Dining – $$$)
About The Chefs – Laurent Tourondel has been The Betsy Hotel’s Culinary Partner since 2009, providing visionary leadership – and receiving high accolades for all Food and Beverage programs. Current venues include LT Steak and Seafood, and (soon to open) The Alley Pizzeria and Ventanita. In 2007, Bon Appétit magazine named Tourondel Restaurateur of the Year. Danny Ganem is a longtime partner of Tourondel’s and as Executive Chef on property will lead The Betsy’s culinary program that includes LT Steak and Seafood, The Alley Pizzeria and Ventanita, as well as an exciting new property wide coffee program featuring Miami-based Panther Coffee. He became Executive Chef at The Betsy Hotel (for the 2nd time) in summer 2017.
About The Betsy-South Beach: The Betsy-South Beach is the only Forbes Four Star and AAA Four Diamond rated boutique hotel in Greater Miami. Located in the heart of the Art Deco District on Ocean Drive, The Betsy’s unique luxury hospitality model champions the power of community through its dedicated PACE (Philanthropy, Arts, Culture, Education) program by weaving those brand pillars into the guest experience.. The Betsy boasts 130 guestrooms with 25 suites, three food and beverage outlets under the direction of famed Chef Laurent Tourondel, a 3,000 sq. ft. rooftop pool complex, dedicated library, and 17,000 sq. ft. of new meeting and event space welcoming a wide variety of important social and corporate events. Celebrity chef Laurent Tourondel is property culinary partner. Property owners are Jonathan Plutzik and Lesley Goldwasser.
For more information on The Betsy-South Beach, visitwww.thebetsyhotel.com. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @TheBetsyHotel, and “like” us on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/TheBetsyHotel.
Our 7th Annual Hospitality Leadership Awards was an incredible tribute to our hardworking hotel managers. GMBHA Board of Directors and I would like to congratulate the 160 hotel employee nominees and the 30 winners. With over 400 in attendance to include over 40 hotels represented, the room was electric and tearful as we all celebrated the “heart of our hotels”… OUR HOSPITALITY LEADERS.
Teodora Reytor, EAST, Miami
Outstanding Manager of the Year – Over 200 rooms
James Anderson, Dream South Beach
Outstanding Manager of the Year – Under 200 rooms
- Catering Manager (over 200 rooms): Mabel Ramonas, EAST, Miami
- Catering Manger (under 200 rooms): Sylvia Corlett, W Miami
- Culinary Manager (over 200 rooms): Jorge Lei, St. Regis Bal Harbour
- Culinary Manager (under 200 rooms): Sebastian Benitez, Faena Hotel Miami Beach
- Engineering Manager (over 200 rooms): Luis Fernandez, The Confidante
- Engineering Manager (under 200 rooms): Mandela Xavier, Acqualina Resort and Spa on the Beach
- Executive Steward: Alberto Alom, JW Marriott Miami
- Finance Manager (over 200 rooms): Reinol Rodriguez, EPIC Hotel
- Finance Manager (under 200 rooms): Emilio Cataquet, Shelborne Miami Beach
- Food & Beverage/Banquets Manager (over 200 rooms):Kelly Holden, 1 Hotel South Beach
- Food & Beverage/Banquets Manager (under 200 rooms): Jane Klymenko, Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
- Housekeeping Manager (over 200 rooms): Carlos Mendez, Hilton Miami Airport
- Housekeeping (under 200 rooms): May Chelala, The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami
- Human Resource Manager (over 200 rooms): Sherline Aurelus, Loews Miami Beach Hotel
- Human Resource Manager (under 200 rooms): Deverre Jeffers, The Surfcomber Hotel Miami Beach
- Recreation/Spa Manager (over 200 rooms): Stephanie Hensel, The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami
- Recreation/Spa Manager (under 200 rooms): Jessica Sanchez, The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
- Revenue Manager (over 200 rooms): Michael Knapp, Four Seasons Hotel Miami
- Revenue Manager (under 200 rooms): Rachel Hofer, Faena Hotel Miami Beach
- Rooms Division/Front Office Manager (over 200 rooms): Natasha Mairena, Mandarin Oriental, Miami
- Rooms Division/Front Office Manager (under 200 rooms): Lynn Eckroth, The Setai Miami Beach
- Sales/Marketing/PR Manager (over 200 rooms): Linda Villafane, Loews Miami Beach Hotel
- Sales/Marketing/PR Manager (under 200 rooms): Chelsea Hildreth, Clevelander & Essex House
- Security Manager (over 200 rooms): Elio Cervera, InterContinental Miami
- Security Manager (under 200 rooms): Bernardo Paz, The Setai Miami Beach
- IT Manager (over 200 rooms): Peter Nicolosi, Mondrian South Beach
- IT Manager (under 200 rooms): Jean Bessard, Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
- Assistant General Manager: Patrick Fernandes, Faena Hotel Miami Beach
- Manager of the Year (over 200 rooms): Teodora Reytor, EAST, Miami
- Manager of the Year (under 200 rooms): James Anderson, Dream South Beach
Visiting with the Dragonfly Expeditions family, including two Young Leaders of the Americas (YLAI) State Department Fellows interning with the company as part of a special five week program
From left to right Charles J. Kropke, CEO , Drai Cabello (YLAI Fellow – Venezuela), Wendy Kallergis…., Thais Rosa Pinheiro (YLAI Fellow – Brazil), Alison Klapper León, Managing Partner; Sari Govantes, Director of Business Development